Looking for what’s on the Gold Coast these summer holidays?
Well avoid the queues and experience something other visitors to the Gold Coast may not know about these summer holidays by checking out Currumbin.
Beaches, swimming holes, great entertainment, luxe places to enjoy, great food and bars, up-close experiences with nature, art and culture; Currumbin has it all and is a real #hiddengem
So let’s kick off the list:
- The new Wildskies show at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a free flight bird show that will leave you mesmerised. More about the Sanctuary here .
- Bar Juniper – Think tantalising cocktails, live acoustic music, fresh white with bursts of colour, chilled vibes and a stunning waterside location only this pop up bar can offer at Currumbin RSL. More about Bar Juniper here.
- Stand up paddle boarding on Currumbin Creek – Cnr of Duringan Street and Thrower Bridge check out your Stand Up Paddle boarding options and have fun in one of the most iconic places to SUP.
- Saturday Sessions – Salseros, Pink Zinc, Funk, Flaming Whippersnappers, Saturdays just took a turn for the best with these stand out non-ticketed events at Currumbin RSL.
- Currumbin Rock Pools. Head towards Currumbin Valley and follow the signs to Currumbin Rock Pools, a real hidden gem of a swimming hole.
- Mt Cougal National Park. Glow worms, rain forest, stunning landscape… pack a back pack and enjoy the green behind the gold these holidays.
- The Deck Creekside. Live acoustic music, great food, a chilled vibe by the water. The Deck Creekside at Currumbin RSL is a summertime special.
- Currumbin Beach and Currumbin Vikings Surf Club. Enjoy arguably Queensland most beautiful beach and Currumbin Vikings Surf Club offers a summer experience unique to Currumbin. More here
- Dune Café. Pack up the pooch and enjoy some of the best coffee and breakfast options on the Coast at Dune Café. Located by the water and by an off leash doggy beach area!
- Breakfast at the super cute Neighbourhood Espresso on Station Street
- Deck Acoustics on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. See some of the best Gold Coast acoustic artists perform live every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- NYE Fireworks at Currumbin RSL. Free fireworks OVER Currumbin Creek best seen from Currumbin RSL at the stroke of midnight!
- Fleetmac Wood – Rumours Rave 5 January. Straight from Burning Man Festival in the States. Say no more. This will be off the charts.
- Get a selfie in front of the world famous ‘Currumbin’ mural at Station Street in Currumbin.
- Austen Tayshus and Mandy Nolan comedy on 9 January. Two Australian comic legends in one place for one night. Get on this. https://www.currumbinrsl.com.au/events/austen-tayshus-and-mandy-nolan-on-the-gold-coast/
- Unique gifts and homewares at Palm Beach Luxe – treasures you will not find anywhere else on the Gold Coast. Located on Station Street by the Currumbin Mural.
- QizzaMe Game Show Trivia Night. Next level trivia night fun. Perfect entertainment for the holidays at Currumbin RSL!
- Alleys Restaurant has just launched their new menu featuring the Tempura Pork Belly Poke. You will be impressed!
- Boat Shed by Thrower Drive Bridge in Currumbin for a relaxing drink while the children enjoy SUPing on Currumbin Creek.
- UberEats the best pizza from La Bocca. Check out their menu here https://www.currumbinrsl.com.au/bar-n-dining/la-bocca-pizza-bottle-shop/
- Picnic at Winders Park by the pelican sculptures.
- Chicken Schnitzel Night at Currumbin RSL – Every Monday for you get our famous Chicken Schnitzel, chips, salad, gravy and a pot of Carlton Dry for just $15!
- Currumbin Stairs at Currumbin Alley is the ultimate stair workout while you are on holiday. Ten sets and you are sorted!
- Weekday lunch special at Alleys Restaurant only $14.95 for members (hint membership is only $5 at Currumbin RSL)
- Freeman’s Organic Farm Platform Café @ Freemans Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7.30am – 2.30pm
- Join a life drawing session every Thursday at Dust Temple on Currumbin Creek Road.