Currumbin RSL is a multi-award winning Club located on the beautiful Currumbin Creek. We are always on the look out for friendly professional staff to join our team
Great team culture, good pay & working conditions. We also have a staff rewards program, free staff car park plus ongoing training and development opportunities.
Applicants must be:
Flexibile to work a variety of shifts incl. nights and weekends
We would love to hear from you! Apply now! Please forward your letter of application and current resume
INTERACTIVE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE DOWNLOADED FIRST THEN TYPED INTO. Check this link on ‘how to’ and HR contact details.
Please note: As part of our ongoing sustainability focus we ask that application forms and your CV are emailed to HR as opposed to printed. Check out our sustainability policy and all we have achieved so far. Currumbin RSL Group Sustainability
Staff are carefully selected by the managers and each staff member is treated as a respected individual. Executive management are hands-on in the business and work closely with staff on a daily basis. There is a definite sense of family, belonging and comradery amongst the team. It’s a happy environment.
The Club’s team may comprise of up to 150 employees at any one time. All staff are encouraged to work in all facets of our multi-purpose venue, including our restaurant, cafe, main bar and functions areas. This variety of opportunities helps employees realise their forte and gain invaluable experience and growth in all areas of this diverse industry.
We strongly encourage our Apprentice Chefs to attend their chosen Registered Training Organisation in order to meet fellow peers and make important industry contacts. Currumbin RSL promotes and assists employees, through plenty of on-the-job training, to obtain Certificates in Hospitality Operations.
We are closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday. We do expect all of our staff will be available Anzac Day and throughout the busy Christmas period, which commences for us in mid-November.
Currumbin RSL is very close to public transport and has secure parking. Staff Facilities include kitchen, staff lounge, outdoor patio and lockers.
The Club gives a lot back to the community and we encourage supporting our staff in community based events such as the Kokoda Challenge.
Currumbin RSL seeks enthusiastic staff. For non-residents of Australia, you must have a full work visa. Currumbin RSL is a member of the Restaurant and Catering Association Queensland and Clubs Queensland.
1. Care for our customers by providing outstanding customer service
2. SMILE and be helpful to customers and fellow staff
3. Work as part of a TEAM and help other departments when required
4. Be available to work weekends and nights
5. Turn up to your shift at the scheduled time ready for work
6. Present yourself neatly in the uniform provided as per the uniform policy
7. Wear your name badge at all times
8. Take the time to know what’s happening at the club and information about our products and services
9. Participate in training and attend staff and departmental meetings
10. You will park in the dedicated car-park and be escorted by security in the evenings
11. Enjoy what you do
1. Weekly pay and entitlements as per the award or individual agreement
2. 10% discount off food and beverages
3. Free membership
4. Flexible work arrangements
5. Rewards for outstanding service or duty
6. A lavish Christmas Party and Easter Family celebration
7. A staff distress fund to assist should you suffer hardship whilst in our employment
8. A caring and supportive management team
9. Comprehensive accredited and free training
10. Career advancement opportunities
11. A workplace free from harassment and discrimination
12. A safe workplace with strong Workplace Health and Safety policies
13. Staff Executive Lounge with leisure facilities and outdoor area
14. A caring and fun workplace where you will make great friendships
All staff have access to Ignite’s education, from a short course up to a Diploma of Management and are encouraged to make their own career pathway.
Back in 1998, Currumbin RSL identified that staff training was paramount to the success of our business and so we embarked on establishing our own Registered Training Organisation known today as Ignite Education.
Over the years we have put many staff through qualifications starting from a Certificate III in Hospitality right through to a Diploma!
Something to note; many of our employees have been recruited directly from Ignite Education. They simply completed a Bar and/or Gaming course at the college and then took part in work experience at the Club, where their new found skills proved successful.
We love it, we can hand pick the best students and offer them employment and a career pathway.
We encourage you to contact Ignite Education if you want to get started in hospitality. We can help you from basic level training right through to executive positions, not just here at the RSL but valuable to other organisations as well.
If you would like to apply for work at Currumbin RSL, please DOWNLOAD and complete the online interactive PDF Employment Application Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please then return the completed form to us by any of the following:
Fax: 07 5534 7831
Post: 165 Duringan Street, Currumbin, Queensland 4223
In person: Reception
Register for SMS or e-news updates, specials & latest offers
Subscribe Now ›