Working at Currumbin RSL
Currumbin RSL is always interested in creating a position for talented candidates.
Working at Currumbin RSL
Currumbin RSL is a modern, contemporary RSL that has won many varied awards, such as Best alteration/renovation over $1M, Best RSL QLD, Best Club Restaurant QLD and Best Club Gold Coast. It is our staff who have ensured the success of Currumbin RSL.
The Club prides itself on having a mix of dynamic professionals dedicated to this challenging and sometimes crazy industry. Staff have varied employment and personal experiences, which create a high level of combined professionalism and enthusiasm.
Staff are carefully selected by the managers and each staff member is treated as a respected individual. Executive management are hands-on in the business and work closely with staff on a daily basis. There is a definite sense of family, belonging and comradery amongst the team. It’s a happy environment.
The Club’s team, might comprise up to 150 employees at any one time. All staff are encouraged to work in all facets of our multi-purpose venue, including our restaurant, café, main bar and functions areas. This variety of opportunities helps employees realise their forte and gain invaluable experience and growth in all areas of this diverse industry.
We strongly encourage our Apprentice Chefs to attend their chosen Registered Training Organisation in order to meet fellow peers and make important industry contacts. Currumbin RSL promotes and assists employees, through plenty of on-the-job training, to obtain Certificates in Hospitality Operations.
We are closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday. We do expect all of our staff will be available Anzac Day and throughout the busy Christmas period, which commences for us in mid-November.
Currumbin RSL is very close to public transport and has secure parking. Staff Facilities include kitchen, staff lounge, outdoor patio and lockers.
We are a fun happy team!
The Club gives a lot back to the community and we encourage supporting our staff in community based events such as the Kokoda Challenge.
Currumbin RSL seeks enthusiastic staff. For non-residents of Australia, you must have a full work visa. Currumbin RSL is a member of the Restaurant and Catering Association Queensland and Clubs Queensland.
You will be required to fulfil the following obligations:
1. Care for our customers by providing outstanding customer service
2. SMILE and be helpful to customers and fellow staff
3. Work as part of a TEAM and help other departments when required
4. Be available to work weekends and nights
5. Turn up to your shift at the scheduled time ready for work
6. Present yourself neatly in the uniform provided as per the uniform policy
7. Wear your name badge at all times
8. Take the time to know what’s happening at the club and information about our products and services
9. Participate in training and attend staff and departmental meetings
10. You will park in the dedicated car-park and be escorted by security in the evenings
11. Enjoy what you do
In return for meeting your obligations we promise to provide you with following:
1. Weekly pay and entitlements as per the award or individual agreement
2. 10% discount off food and beverages
3. Free membership
4. Flexible work arrangements
5. Rewards for outstanding service or duty
6. A lavish Christmas Party and Easter Family celebration
7. A staff distress fund to assist should you suffer hardship whilst in our employment
8. A caring and supportive management team
9. Comprehensive accredited and free training
10. Career advancement opportunities
11. A workplace free from harassment and discrimination
12. A safe workplace with strong Workplace Health and Safety policies
13. Staff Executive Lounge with leisure facilities and outdoor area
14. A caring and fun workplace where you will make great friendships