We subscribe to the National RSL Mission, Role and Objectives.
RSL Mission Statement
To ensure that programs are in place for the well-being, care, compensation and commemoration of serving and ex-service Defence Force members and their dependants; and promote Government and community awareness of the need for a secure, stable and progressive Australia.
The Role and Objectives of the RSL
To serve the interests of its members, veterans, the ex-service community and members of the Australian Defence Force, the RSL executes its role by effectively implementing the following objectives which are in accord with the League’s Mission Statement:
- Advocacy and Representation.
- Assistance to all veterans and ex-service men and women regardless of their membership in the League.
- Commemoration and Remembrance.
- Participation in employment Programs for veterans, ex-service members and their dependants.
- Commitment to democratic principles and practices.
- Provision of a means for members to enjoy camaraderie and mateship.
- Provision of effective and efficient management of RSL assets and resources for the benefit of its members and serving members of the ADF.
- Act as an effective lobby group to Government and its departments.
- Provision of moral and active support for the ADF.
- Provision of a respected and meaningful voice within the community and Australian society.
- Promotion of loyalty and pride which the League has for the Nation, its people, the Crown and the Flag.
Monthly meetings are held at Currumbin RSL commencing at 2PM on the fourth Friday of each month and all Sub-Branch members are welcome to attend. The notice on the plasma screens in the Club should be checked as the meeting week can change due to other events, for example sometimes Australia Day, Easter, ANZAC Day or Christmas will require that the meeting be held on the third Friday.
For any queries please get in touch via the contact form.