Think Global Love Local
In Jan 2010, Currumbin RSL embarked on a commitment to environmental sustainable business practices as we believe this provides environmental, social and economic benefits.
By reducing our energy, water and waste, the club will ‘future proof’ itself at a time where these issues are becoming an important concern both locally and globally.
Currently, we have introduced:
- energy efficient lighting
- a new efficient hot water system designed to reduce electricity and water usage
- a device to reduce our electricity consumption from our A/C system
- a waterless urinal system
- a commitment to source local services, produce and products
- staff and community awareness programs to create behavioural changes to reduce water, electricity and waste
- working and communicating with other like minded businesses and groups in order to acheive best practice benchmarking
- an ongoing commitment towards environmental sustainable practices
We are hoping that by leading by example, we can make a large contribution to the local community and environment.