Terms and Conditions
Currumbin RSL Member Rewards Program – Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the rewards program known as Currumbin RSL Member Rewards (Currumbin RSL Rewards). Currumbin RSL Rewards has been established and is administered by Currumbin Palm Beach RSL & Services Memorial Club Inc ABN 34 116 049 336.
These terms and conditions are separately for the benefit, and separately enforceable by, each of the Club and the Currumbin RSL Rewards Partners. Currumbin RSL Rewards Partners are organisations with whom the Club has an arrangement concerning:-
- the Club entering bonus or rewards points (collectively “Points”) in the account held by the Club concerning the members (Player Account) as a result of certain eligible transactions; and
- those organisations supplying entitlement or benefits (Rewards) to the member, when the Club accepts and notifies them of a valid redemption request from you.
A list of any Currumbin RSL Rewards Partners will be published, which will be subject to change from time to time
- “we”, “our”, and “us” are references to the Club and all Currumbin RSL Rewards Partners, each and any of whom may separately enforce these terms and conditions.
- “membership” means your membership of the Currumbin Palm Beach RSL & Services Memorial Club Inc, and thus Currumbin RSL Rewards unless the context otherwise requires.
By participating in Currumbin RSL Rewards through the use of your membership card or membership number, or by claiming any benefit, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and provide the consent specified in clause 7 relating to personal information. The terms and conditions governing Currumbin RSL Rewards can be amended by Currumbin Palm Beach RSL & Services Memorial Club Management from time to time. A copy of the current terms and conditions is available from the Chief Executive Office of the Club via the Club’s Reception.
You are able to opt out of the Currumbin RSL Rewards program at any time. When opting out of the program you will be unable to participate in any of the promotional, rewards or benefits offered to Rewards members.
Your membership provides you with the opportunity to accrue Points for the redemption of Rewards from the Club. The number of Points earned by the members within a twelve month period (or such other period as we may specify from time to time) will determine your eligibility to redeem Rewards.
The Rewards we offer are a courtesy extended to you at our sole discretion and are not automatic entitlements (legal or otherwise).
THE BASIS ON WHICH YOU CAN ACCRUE POINTS OR REDEEM REWARDS (INCLUDING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS) IS DETERMINED SOLELY BY US (IN OUR ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.
Points can only start to be entered in your Player Account after:
- your application for membership has been accepted by the Board of Directors of the Club (who may reject any application for membership without giving any reason for the rejection); and
- your player account has been activated.
Your membership and any accrued Points or Rewards are not transferable.
The accrual of Points or the redemption of Rewards is not available in conjunction with any other discount, promotion or program offered by us unless stated otherwise.
We reserve the right to decide any matter or settle any dispute arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection to Currumbin RSL Rewards and our decision on any such matter or dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered in to.
SUBJECT TO ANY APPLICABLE LAW WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED, WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURIES SUFFERED OR SUSTAINED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR LOSSES ARISING FROM OUR NEGLIGENCE) BY YOU ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION TO CURRUMBIN RSL REWARDS AND YOU RELEASE AND DISCHARGE US FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY. IF WE ARE LIABLE TO YOU IN ANY WAY, THEN OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ALLOCATING TO YOUR PLAYER ACCOUNT THE NUMBER OF POINTS WHICH WE CONSIDER IS APPROPRIATE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR RELEVANT CLAIM.
Unless otherwise stated, you are solely responsible for any taxes, GST, duties, levies, fees or other charges levied or imposed arising from, as a result of or in connection to with, your participation in Currumbin RSL Rewards, the accumulation of Points or the redemption of Rewards.
Unless otherwise stated, any material published by us pertaining to these terms and conditions, including material relating to the rate of accrual of Points, redemption of Points or any Rewards and the number of Points required to be earned and maintained for any tier of membership of Currumbin RSL Rewards, will form part of the terms and conditions of the Currumbin RSL Rewards, which may be varied by us from time to time at our discretion.
If part or all of the clause of these terms and conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable then it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible, it will be severed from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
Only Life Members and financial Club Members of the Club who are 18 years of age or older are eligible for membership, and such other classes of members of the Club as may be determined by the Club’s Board of Directors from time to time.
Membership of Currumbin RSL Rewards comes with an eligible person’s membership of the Club. It is a requirement of membership that you keep and maintain your Club membership.
Our employees, agents and contractors are not eligible for membership.
The member has the right to opt out of the Currumbin RSL Rewards program at any time, by notifying the Chief Executive Officer in writing.
You will promptly notify the Club in writing:
- of any change in your address; and
- if your membership card is lost, stolen, damaged or misused in any way.
TIERS OF MEMBERSHIP
There are 3 tiers of membership being Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
All eligible members automatically are granted the introductory level of Bronze.
To be eligible for Silver membership you must earn and maintain the number of Points required under Currumbin RSL Rewards within the last twelve month period (or such other period as we may specify from time to time). The number of Points required to be earned and maintained for Silver membership will be published by us, which will be the subject to change from time to time.
To be eligible for Gold membership you must earn and maintain the number of Points required under Currumbin RSL Rewards within the last twelve month period (or such other period as we may specify from time to time). The number of Points required to be earned and maintained for Gold membership will be published by us, which will be the subject to change from time to time.
We reserve the right to make any changes to these terms and conditions, at any time, including to;
- create, amend or remove tiers of membership to which different terms and conditions apply including but not limited to the benefits applicable to each tier of membership and the method and rates of Point accrual and Rewards offered to you as part of the Currumbin RSL Rewards;
- set and change the number of Points required to be earned and maintained under the Currumbin RSL Rewards within any period for eligibility to any tier of membership within the Scheme;
- move your membership into another tier of membership regardless of the amount of Points accrued by you at anytime without notice to you.
Subject to any changes we may make, your membership of one of the several tiers of membership offered to us will enable you to receive the benefits as identified within the Currumbin RSL Rewards Brochure:
You are only permitted one membership card at any one time.
The membership card issued to you remains the property of the Club.
You must sign your membership card as soon as receiving it and regularly check it is in your possession.
Your membership card is only to be used by you and is not to be given to any other person for the purpose of accruing Points, redeeming Rewards or for any other purpose.
It is your responsibility to protect your membership card and to take precautions against its theft, loss, damage or misuse.
Your acknowledge that we do not accept responsibility and do not accept liability for the theft, loss, misuse of or fault in your membership card (including the failure of your membership card to accrue Points).
If your membership card is lost or stolen, you will need to provide the Club with photo identification as required by the Club from time to time in order to obtain a replacement membership card.
POINTS & REWARDS
You will accrue Points as a result of certain eligible transactions at the standard rate unless otherwise stated. The standard rate of accrual of Points will be published by us, which will be subject to change from time to time.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your membership card is;
- inserted into, and accepted by, the membership card terming (e.g. of a gaming machine); and
- is working and accruing Points during the course of your play of the gaming machine or at point of sale terminals etc. (as the case may be).
We are not liable for the failure of your membership card to accrue Points or any reason whatsoever (including but not limited to membership card terminal error, operator error or misrepresentation, our act or omission (including negligence), or membership card malfunction).
We reserve the right:
- to adjust the number of Points you have accrued if the Points where accrued as a result of membership card terminal error, operator error or misrepresentation, our act or omission (including negligence), membership card malfunction or for any other reason resulting in the Points being invalidly accrued; and
- to change the rate and manner in which Points are accrued (including but not limited to the transactions that we classify as eligible transactions and the standard rate of Point accrual) and set and change the number of Points to be redeemed for any Rewards.
Points will not validly accrue on your membership card while it is being used by another person.
Points are redeemable for cash but are not transferable and non-refundable.
You may only redeem Rewards from Points validly accrued by you and we may require proof of identification when you request or redeem a Reward.
Points earned by Silver and Bronze levels can only be redeemed for Rewards by 31 DECEMBER of each year (or such other period as we may specify fro time to time). Any points not redeemed by that date (or such other period as we may specify from time to time) will be forfeited.
Points for Gold levels do not expire unless a breach of terms and conditions occur.
Points used by you to redeem Rewards will be deducted from your Player Account balance when you submit your request to redeem a Reward.
We will not be responsible for replacing Points due to a lost, stolen, damaged or faulty membership card.
Rewards are redeemable on a first come first served basis.
Rewards are not transferable or refundable or exchangeable for cash.
You will not be permitted to deposit money on your membership card.
Rewards are subject to availability and we reserve the right to cancel, withdraw or substitute any Rewards at any time in our absolute discretion.
We do not accept liability for:
- any lost or stolen Rewards or Rewards vouchers after they have been issued;
- any loss or damage arising from our cancellation, withdrawal or substitution of any Rewards; or
- the unavailability of any Rewards that we previously displayed or promoted as being available for the redemption of Points.
We make no representation and give no warranty (either expressly or impliedly) as to the quality, standard, fitness or suitability for purpose of the Rewards.
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
We may request that you select a personal identification number (PIN) in a form specified by us to be issued to you for the purposes of protecting the information contained on your membership card from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The information we collect arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with your membership shall become and remain our property.
You consent to us collecting and retaining your personal information (including information concerning your membership) for the purposes of:
- carrying out the functions and activities that are necessary for us to meet our obligations to you under these terms and conditions;
- disclosing your personal information to third parties who are engaged by us to assist in meeting our obligations to you under these terms and conditions;
- marketing our goods and services to you;
- disclosing your personal information to selected third parties to allow them to market their goods and services to you unless you inform us otherwise; and
- meeting legal requirements or fulfilling any purpose authorised by or under law.
The Club will, at your request, provide you with access to your personal information held by the Club if (in our opinion) it is reasonable to do so.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal information held by the Club is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Where reasonable, you will be granted access to your personal information for the purposes of establishing that the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
TERMINATION OF THE CURRUMBIN RSL REWARDS PROGRAM
You may terminate your membership at any time by giving written notice to the Club or by returning your membership card to the Club, at which time, all Points and associated Rewards (whether they be Points and Rewards having accrued or not) will be permanently cancelled.
We may terminate or suspend your membership (in our absolute discretion) if we believe (in our absolute discretion) that the following occurs:
- you fail to strictly comply with these terms and conditions
- your Club membership expires, is cancelled or is suspended;
- your conduct is deemed to be offensive, dishonest, disruptive, intimidating, unbecoming or prejudicial to our interests;
- you interfere with or misuse any equipment or property;
- you die or are bankrupt; or
- you become our employee, agent or contractor.
In the event we terminate your membership;
- all of your Points and associated Rewards (whether they be Points and Rewards having accrued or not) will automatically be cancelled (and for the purpose of clarity will not be redeemable) from the time we terminate your membership; and
- you must immediately return your membership card to us.
We may suspend or terminate the operation of Currumbin RSL Rewards at any time and without prior notice to you. We give no warranty as to the continuing availability of Currumbin RSL Rewards.
Due to legislative restrictions on gaming related advertisements, a notice informing members of the suspension or termination of the operation of Currumbin RSL Rewards may only be displayed in certain areas within the Club’s premises (Members Notice).
In the event that the operation of Currumbin RSL Rewards is terminated for whatever reason, all Points may be cancelled 30 days from the Club issuing a Members Notice and you will not be able to redeem any Rewards 30 days after the Club issues a Members Notice.
Information is provided for members, guests and bona fide visitors